Smart Lists are about giving you lots of options to view and report on your data/ records. PeopleSafe takes ordinary list views, e.g the Stories list, your Staff list, Training etc and provides you with options to display additional columns of data, or filter your data by any criteria. You can also produce reports directly from this data, or output the data itself to PDF or CSV.
Note: Smart Lists vary in the options they give you, but the principles are the same. We have used the Tasks (smart) list to explain this feature.
Key parts to a Smart List
- List Display Options
- List Display Filters
- List Output Options
- Display Your Data/ Records
- Get to your Records Pages in the List + Records shown per page
Smart Lists in PeopleSafe
- StoryAnywhere Alerts
- Safety Plans
- Emergency Plans
Key parts to a Smart List
List Display Options
Date Range: This allows you to select the date range of data shown in the table which appears below. All other filters that you apply will be within this Date Range. For Tasks, you are able to choose whether it refers to the Due Date or Completed date whereas for Stories, it's the date the story was Reported.
Displaying Columns: This is a list of the columns that are available to be displayed in the table. You can show or hide any number and combination of columns, using the drop-down list.
Search: Search performs a keyword search on main fields within the data in the selected Date Range.
Show Advanced Options: This link displays an additional list of filters and outputs that are relevant to the list of data you are viewing. For examples, in Tasks you will see filters related to Task Type, whereas, in Stories, you will see filters related to Story Type.
Hide Advanced Options: This is all you will see when you click Hide Advanced Options.
List Display Filters
Hide Filters / Show filters: This displays a row of real-time filters for each column. The data set displayed will be filtered as you type, based on what is displayed in that column.
A “Clear Filters” link is displayed once you’ve entered data in any of the filters. You can delete from filters individually, or use the Clear Filters link to clear them all. The Hide Filters link closes the filter row.
Reset All: The Reset All link reloads the entire list view, restoring all options to their default which can be very helpful if you get tangled with what your list is displaying.
My Tasks/All Tasks: You can choose if you look just at your tasks or all tasks.
Task Types: This is a pre-populated list of tasks.
Status: You have the option to filter your view by looking only at eg Completed tasks.
List Output Options
Output Data: These links allow you to output the list view’s data as either:
- Print: Simply prints the page contents, as it appears on screen
- CSV: Creates a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file containing the data set that is currently displayed on screen. A CSV file can be opened in a spreadsheet application such as Excel, where you can perform further analysis, or can be imported into other applications as required.
- PDF: Creates a PDF file, which can be printed or emailed, containing the data set that is currently displayed on screen.
- Create Report: Create a One-Click report based on the data displayed.The Create Report button opens a new Tab, where the report will be displayed. You may then choose to print the report, or save to PDF.
- Hide Zero Counts: This option gives you the ability to not display on your graph items that do not include any data.