When to use Tell Full Story
Telling a Full Story
When the Tell Full Story Feature is used
- A email gets sent to the PeopleSafe Coordinator and anyone with Manage Users Security Clearance for anyone involved in that story. A Review task is also added in PeopleSafe for the same people (which once completed by one person is completed for all)
- If the Story meets the "is serious" triggers in PeopleSafe a "URGENT - Serious Story Alert" Email is sent and a TXT Message will be sent to ALL Manage Users in your Organisation. https://help.peoplesafe.co.nz/article/52-serious-story-alerts
Tell Your Story Alert is Assessed
For "URGENT- Serious Story Alerts (via TXT + email) you need to decide if it really is Urgent and Serious which normally means reading the story and talking to the people involved.
If it's not you need to complete the review by the due date (2 weeks from when the story is added)
How does using Tell Full Story help with the Law?
- Have their say about the risks of the work and how you make work safer
- Speak up when things are risky
- Bring up and Stop or refuse dangerous work
It also helps workers understand:
- They are the eyes and ears of your business. Telling your business about your ideas, experiences or concerns and those of your fellow workers helps keep you and others safe.
- Their employment or contract can’t be terminated if you report or act on a health and safety concern. It’s against the law for anyone to discriminate or take other negative steps against you because you’ve spoken up about health and safety at work.
- They have the right to stop work, or refuse to carry out work, if you believe that doing the work would expose you, or anyone else, to a serious health or safety risk. If you have stopped work, you need to let your manager know as soon as possible.
It provides the Organisation with simple ways to demonstrate it has given reasonable opportunities for workers to express their views and contribute to decision making on health and safety at work. This includes the processes and communication used when making decisions about:
- Health monitoring
- General conditions at your workplace
- Information and training for workers.