Understand Your PeopleSafe User Profile
In this article
User Profiles form a really important part of the PeopleSafe software. A Profile is the record that holds all the information about each person in PeopleSafe. New users of PeopleSafe have their Profile created by a PeopleSafe Coordinator. A Profile gives each person a PeopleSafe username and password so they can use the software, as well as a unique ID#. All the processes in PeopleSafe that enable an organisation to do good safety are linked to the Profiles.
Once a person has a Profile it stays with them. If they work for another organisation using PeopleSafe they can have their profile connected to that organisation as well via their Unique ID#.
A User Profile has fields to input contact & emergency information, the users’ PeopleSafe login details, organisation information like employee number, start date etc, jobs they do and training and skills they require. It is also the place to set user Security Clearance (i.e. their access permissions within PeopleSafe) and the visibility, if needed, of other users.
Profile Fields Explained
The information in this section belongs to the User. The user and anyone with Coordinator security clearance can edit as required*. Only First Name and Last Name are compulsory fields in this section, however your best contact email is essential in case you forget your password and need to have it reset.
|Nickname||Search bars within PeopleSafe will search this field.|
|Mobile||PeopleSafe will receive and recognise TXT-in alerts from this number.|
|Home Phone Number|| User's home phone number. Unresponsive field.
|Best Contact Email Address|| If a User forgets their password, a Password Reset Tokens will be sent to this email address.
|Date of Birth|| Used in one-click People Reports for users with 'birthday in next 30 days' report.
|Gender|| Unresponsive field.
|Emergency Contact Details||The User's most up to date Emergency Contact Information.|
|Important Medical Information||The User's most up to date Important Medical Information.|
|PeopleSafe ID||This field is a system generated number used for Connect and Check-in.|
|NZQA#||New Zealand Qualifications Authority Number.|
|Drivers Licence Number|| New Zealand Driver's Licence Number.
|Drivers Licence Expiry||This field does not generate an expiry notification.|
|Drivers Licence Endorsement||For class or endorsements type/s.|
| Drivers Licence Endorsement Expiry
||This field does not generate an expiry notification.|
PeopleSafe will accept any mobile number in the following formats:
+64 (mobile service number) (6,7 or 8 digit number) e.g. +64 2740411814
0 (mobile service number) (6,7 or 8 digit number) e.g. 02740411814
(mobile service number) (6,7 or 8 digit number) e.g. 2740411814
For more information on New Zealand mobile service numbers check out http://www.tnzi.com/numbering-plan
The User has full control over which of these details your Organisation can View and Edit and can restrict your level of access under privacy settings. If this happens you’ll need to Request Access to their Contact Details again.
PeopleSafe automatically creates a unique PeopleSafe ID when a User is first created. This means that the user can be identified in PeopleSafe independent of what Organisation they are working with, and allows them to be in multiple organisations at the same time. (e.g. A Sports Group, Church. Marae, Second Job etc).
PeopleSafe Username: The users' unique username needed to log into PeopleSafe. This field is compulsory. We usually suggest using the persons email address as it's easy to remember.
Password: Password field will not display password in view mode. Password can be reset when User Profile is in edit mode.
Note: The first time a person is added as a user of PeopleSafe a Username and a Password are created.
This information belongs to the organisation. Only users with Coordinator security clearance can edit as required. Relationship and Security Clearance fields are compulsory.
|Work Email||Where work related emails are sent. PeopleSafe will send alerts and notifications to this email address.|
|Employee No||Unresponsive Field.|
|Start Date||PeopleSafe will count and display the the length of service on standard staff users' home page.|
|Relationship to you||Categorizes the type of relationship the person has in the organisation and determines whether Staff Member or Friend/Contractor security clearance options appear in security clearance field below.|
|Security Clearance for what this person can do and see||The type of access and permissions the user has to their organisations' PeopleSafe site.|
|Let this person see and manage people who do these jobs||This field will appear when Manage Users security clearance option is selected in the field above and will give the user visibility of all people with the Jobs selected in this list.|
|Hours (weekly)||Unresponsive Field.|
|Work Phone Number||Unresponsive Field.|
|Work Mobile Phone Number||If the TXT Alert field is empty PeopleSafe will default to sending alerts to the mobile number in this field.|
|TXT Alert Phone Number||PeopleSafe will send out TXT alerts and recognise and receive TXT-in notifications from this number.|
|Receive notifications of relevant 'serious' events||Yes/No click box to receive Serious Story email and TXT alerts.|
|Assign and Notify relevant Manager/Coordinator Tasks||Yes/No click box to receive email alerts and be assigned relevant tasks.|
|Jobs they do||Select the Jobs your staff do. This allows Manage Users to see Users with this job.|
|Job Skillsets Checks|| Shows skills required for the Jobs selected in the 'Jobs they do' field above.
Training & Skills
Training and Skills list is prepopulated from completed Online Learning and Training Recorded for the user. Fields give the name of Training or Skill completed, the date it was completed and the date the record expires if applicable.
Notes, Attachments, and History
A place to add notes, upload attachments or check the historical modifications made against the Users' Profile. Only someone with Manage User or Coordinator clearance can view this information.
How User Profiles Help
When you create a User Profile for each staff member and give them access to PeopleSafe you are giving your staff the opportunity to be involved in looking out for each other, identifying and managing risks, and ensuring a healthy, safe and incident-free work environment.
User Profiles also make it easy and efficient to collate and organise information about the people who work with you and for you. Keeping the information in PeopleSafe means the data is secure. Users have access 24/7 and there becomes one place to hold staff and employment details.
How User Profiles Work
- Every PeopleSafe user will have their own User Profile and the personal information in the User Profile belongs to the user.
- User Profiles are stored in the People Tab and can be accessed by clicking on the All Staff box.
- Users can access their own Profile by clicking on their name at the top right of the screen when they login to my.peoplesafe.co.nz. They can edit the contact and emergency details of their own Profile and view any training they have completed.
- A PeopleSafe ID number is automatically created when a new User Profile is created for a staff member in PeopleSafe. It is stored in PeopleSafe and stays with that person.
- Users with Coordinator security clearance can edit, work contact information, employment details and security clearance for all users.
- Training and Skill Records are added to a User's Profile when the user completes Online Learning or when training is recorded for that person over in the Training Tab.
- PeopleSafe uses some of the information in User Profiles as reporting categories in one-click reports.
- User Profiles have functionality for users to record notes and upload attachments against the individual
- PeopleSafe ID Cards can be generated from within an individual's User Profile
- Users can be Activated and Deactivated from within the individual's User Profile by a Coordinator.
Every person doing work for the organisation needs a User Profile in PeopleSafe. This is how workers have access to the web and mobile application and User Profiles become the one place to keep all worker information in an easily manageable and responsive application.
Expected Step by Step Process
- Create User Profiles (Individual)
- Create User Profiles (Bulk, via .CSV)
- Username and Passwords set for workers
- Communicate Usernames and Passwords to workers
- Workers update own User Profile details as required
- Deactivate User Profiles as required
Adding, Editing or Activating/Deactivating User Profiles
Adding User Profiles can be completed in two ways, either one by one from Add New button in People or importing a prepopulated .CSV file. Editing, activating and deactivating User Profiles can be achieved once you've successfully navigated to view the full list of Staff/Workers. Click on the Help Articles below for more detail.
Users with Coordinator Security Clearance can:
- View the full User Profile list and access people import feature in Settings.
- Add new staff/ users to the organisation
- Update or input information into the Work Details area.
- Assign Jobs, change Security Clearance and Relationship status for staff User Profiles.
- Upload and delete Attachments.
- View History.
- View and edit all notes.
- Activate and Deactivate User Profiles.
Users with Manage Users Security Clearance can:
- View full User Profiles of users they have been given visibility of.
- Create notes in User Profiles if they have visibility of the user.
- View notes in User Profiles if a) they have visibility of the user and b) they are the creator of the note.
- Reset passwords if the user has given them permission to view and edit their contact details
Users with Standard Staff Security Clearance can:
- View their own User Profile.
- Edit Personal Details and Login Details in their own User Profile.
Importing User Profiles via .CSV
Additional users can be imported at anytime, but must have unique usernames.
Additional information can be added to current User Profiles by re importing a .CSV with the added data. As long as the username in the .CSV is identical to the username in the User Profile PeopleSafe will update/rewrite the User Profile fields with the new data in the .CSV file.
Upon import, where CSV. fields are blank nothing will happen.
Multiple Jobs can be given to users when importing User Profiles via CSV. Jobs is the only field in the 'Import People .CSV' feature that does not rewrite data in User Profiles but adds to what is already there.
User Profiles can be deactivated at any time. This will remove the user from the list of active staff members to inactive staff members.
Deactivating a User Profile will not delete any existing tasks assigned to the user. These need to be removed manually.
Deactivating a User Profile will not delete any stories in PeopleSafe told by the user.
Deactivated users do not have access to their organisations' PeopleSafe site or any of their data in the site. Deactivated users can still login to PeopleSafe using their username and password however the application banner will display 'Site Not Mapped' and the site will contain no data except for the users personal details in their User Profile. The user will not have permission to edit their own User Profile.
Activating a User Profile can be done at any time from the Inactive Staff List. This will return the user to the staff 'Active' list with Standard Staff security clearance assigned. All previous Training & Skill records, notes and attachments in the user's User Profile will be restored.
Related Processes and Tasks
Where a Job in a User's Profile has Training and Skill requirements associated with it, the PeopleSafe application checks each night if each staff member who is assigned this Job is up-to-date with these requirements. If not, an email and a Task will be sent to Managers of the staff member and to PeopleSafe Coordinators, as detailed in Training and Skills.
Some fields in User Profiles are available as a reporting criteria in several different reports.
- 'Show people are having a birthday in the next 30 days' report will use 'Date of Birth' field in a user's User Profile.
- 'Show all people without an email address' report uses 'Best Contact Email Address' field in a user's User Profile.
- 'Show all PeopleSafe Coordinators and Managers' report' will reference a user's Security Clearance to create the report.
- 'Jobs they do' field in a user's User Profile is referenced for 'Show all people without jobs' report, One-click story reports, and Custom reports.
The staff User Profile List, and directly associated data can be exported in .CSV format at any time. How to: Export Data from PeopleSafe
PeopleSafe features and processes that make use of User Profiles include:
- Job Skillsets
- Training Courses & Skills
- Assigning Jobs to Staff
- Assigning Security Clearance to Users
- One-click reports, smart-list filters, and custom reports
- Tell Your Story
- Usernames and Passwords