Understand Your PeopleSafe User Profile
In this article
A Person Profile is a record that holds all information about each person added to your PeopleSafe Subscription. A Person Profile is what you are creating for a Staff member when you add a person. Either one by one or by using the .csv Peopleimport feature.
A Person Profile has fields to input contact information, emergency details, the users’ PeopleSafe username and password, organisation information like employee number, start date etc, jobs they do and training and skills they require. A Person Profile is also the place to set user Security Clearance (i.e. their access permissions within PeopleSafe) and the visibility, if needed, of other users.
Person Profile Fields Explained
This information belongs to the user. The user and anyone with Coordinator security clearance can edit as required*. Only First Name and Last Name are compulsory fields in this section.
|Nickname||Search bars within PeopleSafe will search this field.|
|Mobile||PeopleSafe will receive and recognise TXT-in alerts from this number.|
|Home Phone Number|| User's home phone number. Unresponsive field.
|Best Contact Email Address|| Password Reset Tokens will be sent to this email address.
|Date of Birth|| Used in one-click People Reports for users with 'birthday in next 30 days' report.
|Gender|| Unresponsive field.
|Emergency Contact Details||The user's most up to date Emergency Contact Information.|
|Important Medical Information||The user's most up to date Important Medical Information.|
|PeopleSafe ID||This field is a system generated number used for Connect and Check-in.|
|NZQA#||New Zealand Qualifications Authority Number.|
|Drivers Licence Number|| New Zealand Driver's Licence Number.
|Drivers Licence Expiry||This field does not generate an expiry notification.|
|Drivers Licence Endorsement||For class or endorsements type/s.|
| Drivers Licence Endorsement Expiry
||This field does not generate an expiry notification.|
Note: Mobile Numbers
PeopleSafe will accept any mobile number in the following formats:
+64 (mobile service number) (6,7 or 8 digit number) e.g. +64 2740411814
0 (mobile service number) (6,7 or 8 digit number) e.g. 02740411814
(mobile service number) (6,7 or 8 digit number) e.g. 2740411814
For more information on New Zealand mobile service numbers check out http://www.tnzi.com/numbering-plan
PeopleSafe Username: The users' unique username needed to log into PeopleSafe. This field is compulsory.
Password: Password field will not display password in view mode. Password can be reset when Person Profile is in edit mode.
This information belongs to the organisation. Only users with Coordinator security clearance can edit as required. Relationship and Security Clearance fields are compulsory.
|Work Email||PeopleSafe will send alerts and notifications to this email address.|
|Employee No||Unresponsive Field.|
|Start Date||PeopleSafe will count and display the the length of service on standard staff users' home page.|
|Relationship to you||Categorizes the type of relationship the person has in the organisation and determines whether Staff or Friend security clearance options appear in security clearance field below.|
|Security Clearance for what this person can do and see||The type of access and permissions the user has to their organisations' PeopleSafe site.|
|Let this person see and manage people who do these jobs||Field will appear when Manage Users security clearance option is selected in field above and will give the user visibility of all people with the Jobs selected in this list.|
|Hours (weekly)||Unresponsive Field.|
|Work Phone Number||Unresponsive Field.|
|Work Mobile Phone Number||If TXT Alert field is empty PeopleSafe will default to sending alerts to the mobile number in this field.|
|TXT Alert Phone Number||PeopleSafe will send out TXT alerts and recognise and receive TXT-in notifications from this number.|
|Receive notifications of relevant 'serious' events||Yes/No click box to receive Serious Story email and TXT alerts.|
|Assign and Notify relevant Manager/Coordinator Tasks||Yes/No click box to receive email alerts and be assigned relevant tasks.|
|Jobs they do||Select the Jobs your staff do. Also needed to manage staff visibility for users with Manage Users security clearance.|
|Job Skillsets Checks|| Shows skills required for the Jobs selected in the 'Jobs they do' field above.
Training & Skills
Training and Skills list is prepopulated from completed Online Learning and Training Recorded for the user. Fields give the name of Training or Skill completed, the date it was completed and the date the record expires if applicable.
Notes, Attachments, and History
A place to add notes, upload attachments or check the historical modifications made against the users' Person Profile.
How Person Profiles Help
When you create a Person Profile for each staff member and give them access to PeopleSafe you are giving your staff the opportunity to be involved in looking out for each other, identifying and managing risks, and ensuring a healthy, safe and incident-free work environment.
Person Profiles also make it easy and efficient to collate and organize information about the people who work with you and for you. Keeping the information on PeopleSafe means the data is secure, users have access 24/7 and there becomes one place to hold staff and employment details.
How Person Profiles Work
- Every PeopleSafe user will have their own Person Profile
- The personal information in the Person Profile belongs to the user.
- Person Profiles are stored in the People Tab and can be accessed by clicking on the all Staff box.
- Users can access their own Person Profile by clicking on their name at the top right of the screen.
- A PeopleSafe ID number is automatically created when a new Person Profile is created for a staff member in PeopleSafe.
- Users can edit the contact and emergency details of their own Person Profile.
- Users with Coordinator security clearance can edit work contact information, employment details and security clearance for all users.
- Training and Skill Records are added to a users Person Profile when the user completes Online Learning or when training is recorded for that person over in the Training Tab.
- PeopleSafe uses some of the information in Person Profiles as reporting categories in one-click report.
- Person Profiles have functionality for users to record notes and upload attachments against the individual
- PeopleSafe ID Cards can be generated from within an individuals Person Profile
- Users can be Activated and Deactivated from within the individuals Person Profile
Every person doing work for the organisation needs a Person Profile in PeopleSafe. This is how workers have access to the web and mobile application and Person Profiles become the one place to keep all worker information in an easily manageable and responsive application.
Expected Step by Step Process
- Create Person Profiles (Individual)
- Create Person Profiles (Bulk, via .CSV)
- Username and Passwords set for workers
- Communicate Usernames and Passwords to workers
- Workers update own Person Profile details as required
- Deactivate Person Profiles as required
Adding, Editing or Deleting Person Profiles
Adding Person Profiles can be completed two ways, either one by one from Add New button in People or importing a prepopulated .CSV file. Editing and deleting Person Profiles can both be achieved once you've successfully navigated to view the full list of Staff/Workers. Click on the Help Articles below for more detail.
Users with Coordinator Security Clearance can:
- View the full Person Profiles list and access people import feature in Settings.
- Update or input information into the Work Details area.
- Assign Jobs, change Security Clearance and Relationship status for staff Person Profiles.
- Upload and delete Attachments.
- View History.
- View and edit all notes.
- Activate and Deactivate Person Profiles.
Users with Manage Users Security Clearance can:
- View full Person Profiles of users they have been given visibility of.
- Create notes in Person Profiles if they have visibility of the user.
- View notes in Person Profiles if a. they have visibility of the user and b. they are the creator of the note.
Users with Standard Staff Security Clearance can:
- View their own Person Profile.
- Edit Personal Details and Login Details in their own Person Profile.
Importing Person Profiles via .CSV
Additional users can be imported at anytime, but must have unique usernames.
Additional information can be added to current Person Profiles by re importing a .CSV with the added data. As long as the Username in the .CSV is identical to the username in the Person Profile PeopleSafe will update/rewrite the Person Profile fields with the new data in the .CSV file.
Upon import, where CSV. fields are blank nothing will happen.
Multiple Jobs can be given to users when importing Person Profiles via CSV. Jobs is the only field in the 'Import People .CSV' feature that does not rewrite data in Person Profiles but adds to what is already there.
Person Profiles can be deactivated at any time. This will remove the user from the list of active staff members to inactive staff members.
Deactivating a Person Profile will not delete any existing tasks assigned to the user. These need to be removed manually.
Deactivating a Person Profile will not delete any stories in PeopleSafe told by the user.
Deactivated users do not have access to their organisations' PeopleSafe site or any of their data in the site. Deactivated users can still log in to PeopleSafe using their username and password however the application banner will display 'Site Not Mapped' and the site will contain no data except for the users personal details in their Person Profile. The user will not have permission to edit their own Person Profile.
Activating a Person Profile can be done at any time from the list of inactive staff list. This will return the user to the staff 'Active' list with Standard Staff security clearance assigned. All previous Training & Skill records, notes and attachments in the users Person Profile will be restored.
Related Processes and Tasks
Where a Job in a users' Person Profile has Training and Skill requirements associated with it, the PeopleSafe application checks each night if each staff member who is assigned this Job is up-to-date with these requirements. If not, an email and a Task will be sent to Managers of the staff member and to PeopleSafe Coordinators, as detailed in Training and Skills.
Some fields in Person Profiles are available as a reporting criteria in several different reports.
- 'Show people are having a birthday in the next 30 days' report will use 'Date of Birth' field in a users Person Profile.
- 'Show all people without an email address' report uses 'Best Contact Email Address' field in a users Person Profile.
- 'Show all PeopleSafe Coordinators and Managers' report' will reference a users Security Clearance to create the report.
- 'Jobs they do' field in a users Person Profile is referenced for 'Show all people without jobs' report, One-click story reports, and Custom reports.
The staff Person Profiles List, and directly associated data can be exported in .CSV format at any time. How to: Export Data from PeopleSafe
PeopleSafe features and processes that make use of Person Profiles include:
- Job Skillsets
- Training Courses & Skills
- Assigning Jobs to Staff
- Assigning Security Clearance to Users
- One-click reports, smart-list filters, and custom reports
- Tell Your Story
- Usernames and Passwords