Add a User with PeopleSafe Connect
If someone already has a PeopleSafe Staff or Friends Profile you can use this to give them access to your Organisation by adding them via PeopleSafe Connect. You'll need their PeopleSafe ID number to do this.
Connect them using their PeopleSafe ID#
- Click People in the top menu bar.
- Click the Add New menu on the right of the dashboard.
- Click Connect Staff or Connect Friend.
- Enter the nine digit PeopleSafe ID number of the person you want to connect to your Organisation.
- Click Lookup. Check that this is the name of the User you want to add.
- Choose the type of security clearance you want to give them.
- Select one of the access options to their contact details.
- Add a Personal Message if you want to.
- Click Connect, you will see an end screen and they are instantly added to your Organisation. You can start recording information against that User.
- They will need to accept your Connect request before you can see their contact details.
Note: The user will have access to your Organisation as soon as they accept the request. You will be able to add to the organisation section of their profile as soon as the request is sent.
More about Connecting Users
- Friends can be contractors, volunteers, student workers, safety advisers etc. Basically anyone who is not a staff member but may need to have some access to your site for whatever reason.
- If the Friend can't find their User ID number see our Related Article on Find a PeopleSafe ID Number.
- If the User has an email address in their Staff Profile, PeopleSafe will automatically send an email asking them to accept the Connect request. They must login to PeopleSafe and accept your request. Without this their contact details won't be visible to you.
- If they decline your request, you will need to talk to them.
- If the connect request is declined you can click the Request Access link in their User profile to send a new Connect request.
- Because they are an existing User they will have a username and password to login to PeopleSafe.
- To be a friend you'll need to be signed up to PeopleSafe and have a PeopleSafe ID number. If you need more information on how to subscribe visit http://www.peoplesafe.co.nz/ for more detail.