Reset a User's Password
Don't forget you must get the user's permission to reset their password.
There are a couple of ways to reset a password, either by generating a Password PDF or emailing a Password Reset to the user. If someone has forgotten their username, they can find it on the PDF printout or on the Password Reset screen when they click the link in the email. It is also found in their Staff Profile in the Login Details area.
In this article:
Generate a Password PDF
This is the best option for staff who don't have a Best Contact Email in their Staff Profile.
- Find the Staff Profile you want to reset the password for.
- Go to the Login Details section, click Reset Password and Generate PDF, a pop-up will appear asking if you are sure.
- Click OK.
- A PDF will be generated and automatically downloaded to your computer.
- The PDF will normally appear in your Downloads folder.
- Print off the PDF for the user.
Note: Their password has now been changed, so even if they remember their password it will no longer work.
Email a Password Reset to the User
- Find the Staff Profile you want to email a password reset to.
- Click the Options menu in the top right.
- Click Edit.
- Under Login Details, click Yes to Email the user a password- reset token.
- The end screen will appear.
Note: Unlike generating a Password PDF, emailing a Password Reset to a User does not change their password and they can disregard the email if they remember it. They have 24 hours of the email being sent to use the link.
More about Resetting Passwords
- If you find the option to reset the staff member's password doesn't appear in their profile it will be because they have set their personal details to View Only. Have a chat to them. They will need to change this by clicking on the Head & Shoulders icon on the top menu bar & change their privacy settings to View& Edit . They'll need to reset their own password by clicking the forgot password in the login screen.
- For privacy, the user will be asked to reset their password the first time they login with the temporary password, to something secure that they'll be able to remember.
- If staff don't have a Best Contact Email address added to their profile they can't reset their own password. They will need someone with PeopleSafe Coordinator clearance to generate a Reset Password PDF for them. It would be a good idea to get them to update their profile with an email address if they have one or a Coordinator can do it for them.
- If staff don't receive their Password Reset Token check the following:
- Check that they have their email address set up in the BEST CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS field in their profile.
- Make sure that their email address is correct.
- Get them to check that the Password Reset Token isn't in the junk or spam folder of their email account.
If they still aren't receiving the email get them to check with their email provider or your IT team for a solution.