Add a New Job
Jobs allow staff to be grouped by the types and characteristics of work they do. This makes it efficient to manage training requirements, and makes it possible to quickly identify and show whether staff have the skills they need to do the work safely. Click here for more information on Jobs. The aim is to ensure all staff are adequately trained to do all Jobs they're assigned. This article explains how to create or add Jobs ( individually) in your PeopleSafe Organisation.
To create a Job, you'll need:
- Security clearance of a PeopleSafe Coordinator
- Login to PeopleSafe, click on your Organisation's Name at the top left, to open the drop-down window.
- Click on the Settings button and a screen will open with all the settings options, scroll to find the Training and Skills Settings.
- Click on Jobs in the Training & Skills Settings area to get to the Jobs screen.
- Click the Add New button at the top left, the New Job screen will open.
- Enter the name for the Job.
- You can select Job Skills Sets Needed from the List or from Training Courses or Skills Needed for this Job, but this is optional. These can be added or edited at any stage.
- Click the Save button to complete. A confirmation screen will appear.
Note: We recommend best practice is to add Training Courses to Jobs once you have Safety Plans in place that say what Training & Skills a Job needs. Adding Training to a Job means anyone with that Job will receive a task.
You can edit or delete Jobs by clicking on the Job you want to edit, clicking the Options button and click Edit or Delete. Ensure you understand the consequences of deleting Jobs. Click here for more information on Jobs.