How Friends Work
What is Relationship Status in Friend Security Clearance?
Security Clearance for Friends is similar to the way staff are set up but with one added step. When you choose to make someone a friend PeopleSafe will ask you to give the friend a 'Relationship Status'. This is the type of relationship the friend has with your organisation. This will make it easier to find a friend, run reports about those friends, and keep your people records tidy.
What are the types of Relationships?
- Contractor - Contractors are friends who provide a service or labour to your organisation but the person or people exist as employees in their own organisation. Contractors could also be company reps, merchandisers, trades people etc.
- Volunteer - Volunteers are very simply that: volunteers. They can be a lot like staff in many ways but are not paid by your organisation. You'll most likely have volunteers if you're a not-for-profit or a community focused organisation.
- Student - Students are the friends that have come to your organisation to learn, often they are only with your organisation for a short time but it's important they know how your organisation does 'health and safety'. They might be student nurses, student teachers , work experience students or something similar.
- Safety Advisor - Safety Advisors are the people who provide important information or assistance to help your organisation be even better at keeping your people safe. Some people might call them consultants or health and safety advisors.
- Other - We think we've covered most types of relationship but if there is someone that doesn't fit in any of the other types of relationship give them 'other' as their status.
WHAT IS A SECURITY CLEARANCE FOR A FRIEND
Security Clearance is the name for the type of access a person can have in PeopleSafe. The type of security clearance will determine how much a person can see of the organisation they're connected to. The type can be easily changed by someone with PeopleSafe Coordinator clearance. A Friend is anyone who is not a staff member but needs access to your site. You can choose the level of access you give them as a friend. For friends there are three different types of access: Standard Friend, Auditor and Advisor.
1. Standard Friend
Standard Friend is the basic access security clearance in PeopleSafe for your contractors, temp staff, volunteers, students etc. When someone with a Standard Friend security clearance logs in they will see their own personal details, and several other things. See table below.
Auditor security clearance is for the people out there that need to see everything in the organisation. They are however unable to edit or change any of what they see.
Advisor security clearance is for the friends who help ensure PeopleSafe works well for the organisation. They can see and do everything just like a Coordinator can but they are not a staff member of the organisation. They are responsible for keeping an eye on everything happening, maybe helping set up all the behind-the-scenes details, and making sure nothing is being forgotten or missed on PeopleSafe.
Table below shows what each Friend security clearance can do in PeopleSafe:
|Tell stories||Tell and view stories||Tell, review and edit stories|
|Update their own details||Update their own details view staff details||Update their own details and all staff|
|Complete their own tasks||View staff tasks||Complete their own tasks|
|View 'Risks'||View 'Risks'||View and edit 'Risks'|
|View 'Safety plans'||View 'Safety plans'||View and edit 'Safety plans'|
|View 'Allowed' documents||View the 'Document library'||View and edit documents|
|View and edit 'Risks'||View and edit 'Risks'|
|View 'Gear'||View and edit 'Gear'|
|View 'Gear checks' and 'Certification records'||Add 'Gear checks' and 'Certification records'|
|Do online learning||Do online learning|
|View training records||Book online learning and offline training for the organisations staff|
|View organisation contact and 'Friends'||View organisation contact and 'Friends'|
|View 'PeopleSafe Check-in' reports||Start and manage 'PeopleSafe Check-in'|
|Create reports using 'PeopleSafe reports'||Create reports using 'PeopleSafe reports'|
|View organisation settings||View and edit organisation settings|
What happens if I change someone's security clearance from staff to friend (or the other way around)?
When you change a person's security clearance from staff to friend you are essentially saying that the person isn't employed by your organisation anymore. Depending on the access you give them as a friend they can still tell stories and view risks when they log into your site etc but their name won't appear in lists for booking training or telling a story about a person. The opposite can be said if someone is turned friend security clearance to staff security clearance. They will now be able to be booked on training, tell stories etc.