Get Your User Accounts Setup
As part of the Jump Start process the PeopleSafe Support team will get your first import of staff done for you. It's by far the fastest way to get your team setup with a login to your PeopleSafe Subscription, all you have to do is provide us with a .csv file. Once this is done we will provide you a PDF that can be printed and handed to each staff member with their Login Details ( made up of a username and password)
What You'll Need:
- A spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets or Numbers
- Access to your staff list (often from your Payroll program) OR you can download the template for gathering staff details Click here to download the staff details PDF form
- The PeopleSafe template used to put your teams details into click here to download the PeopleSafe template .csv
Step One: Gather your information
There are two main ways to gather the information needed for us to set up your teams PeopleSafe User Accounts.
Option 1 - From your Payroll Program
- There may be an option to Export all your staff from your payroll program as CSV.
Option 2 - Collect it from Staff directly
- Often the fastest and most up-to-date information comes directly from your workers. Click here to download the staff details PDF form
Step Two: Make your CSV File
- Update the PeopleSafe .csv Template file with your teams details
- To ensure the columns in your CSV file are labeled correctly, we suggest you copy data into the template provided, or copy & paste the headings from the template into your data.
- Usernames must be unique to all users of PeopleSafe, not just users within your company. A good choice for Username is normally a person's Work Email, or even Mobile Phone number.
If you want us to decide usernames, please leave the field blank.
- We recommend leaving the password field blank, so PeopleSafe will set an initial random password, which will be provided in a PDF that you can print for each staff member.
(However you can choose to specify Passwords in the .CSV file if you really want to).
- If your organisation has less than 20 staff we suggest leaving the Jobs category blank and you can set these up later.
Step Three: Send the file to PeopleSafe HQ
Once you have checked the file and that you are happy with it you need to send it to us so we can check it and get it imported for you.
Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed Overview of .CSV file fields
This chart shows you in details what are accepted values for the import into PeopleSafe.