Add a Staff Member as a User
For your staff to use PeopleSafe they will need to be added as Users in your Organisation. They become Users by you creating a Staff Profile for them.
You can use our information sheet to gather their basic details. Click Here.
Some staff may already have a Staff Profile if they are a User in another organisation. (It's a good idea to check this before you get started.) In this case, they are added to your organisation using their PeopleSafe ID number via PeopleSafe Connect. Click Here
In this article
Add Staff to your Organisation
Add a new User by creating a PeopleSafe Staff Profile
- Click People in the top menu bar.
- Click the Add new menu on the right of the screen.
- Click Add Staff Member.
- We recommend including as a minimum: first and last name, Mobile phone number, Best contact email address, Emergency contact details and Important Medical Information eg allergies. Best contact email address is for the staff member to receive alerts from PeopleSafe eg Training required, tasks to do, password resets.
Note:The ID# is automatically added by PeopleSafe once the profile is saved.
- We suggest using the best contact email address for the username. If you use an email address, check where the curser is to make sure there are no spaces at the end of the username. Leave the password fields blank.
- Click No next to Email the User a password reset token.
- The Work email field is where task alerts and other notifications to do with the organisation/s the staff member is connected to, will be sent. If you have Coordinator Security Clearance in PeopleSafe this email will be used to send you Story Alerts and Serious Harm notifications. If you don't have a work email address, use a secure email address you know will get through to you, like your personal email address.
- Choose the type of Security Clearance you want to give the User. For help with this, click on How Staff Security Clearances Work in our Related Articles section.
- In the TXT Alert Phone Number field add the User's cell phone number.
- Add Jobs only if you already have Jobs set up.
- Click Save to finish. The staff member is now a User in your organisation.
- If you need to edit any of the details after you've clicked Save, use the Options Menu in the top right of the screen.
Note: The Personal and Login information belongs to the User. This is their PeopleSafe ID. They and anyone with PeopleSafe Coordinator security clearance can edit these details.
Provide Username and Password to a User in PDF Hardcopy
- Find the Staff Profile you want to generate the PDF for.
- Go to the Login Details area.
- Click Reset Password and Generate Password PDF, a pop-up will appear asking if you are sure.
- Click Ok.
- The software will then create the PDF which is automatically downloaded to your computer.
- The PDF will normally appear in your Downloaded file and a link to this should display along the bottom left of your screen.
Note: The User will need to reset their password in the Web Application the first time they login. They can then go ahead and login to the Mobile App once they've downloaded it, using their new password. They'll receive an email to their best contact email address whenever their password is reset.
More About Adding Staff
- Staff are the people on your direct payroll list. They are the full-time, part-time or casual employees in your organisation.
- If you wish to add a Contractor eg a Health & Safety Advisor, and give them full access to your organisation, you can do this by either connecting them as a Friend ( if they are already a PeopleSafe user) or by creating a staff profile for them. If you create the profile, go back and edit the profile in the Work details section. Change the Relationship to Friend- Safety Advisor and the Security Clearance to Advisor.
- In the Work Details section, the TXT Alert Phone number -TXTs sent to this number will incur a charge after the 10th TXT sent in any one month.
- When you add Users, they are only given access to your organisation. If you have multiple sites and you want a person to have access to all of your organisations / sites, you would need to connect them from within each organisation.