Add a Staff Member as a User
For your staff to use PeopleSafe they will need to be added as a User in your Organisation. For this to happen they will need a Staff Profile which you will create for them. Some people may already have a Staff Profile, in which case you will add them using their PeopleSafe ID number.
In this article
- Add a new User
- Add an existing User with their PeopleSafe ID#
- Provide PDF of Username & Password
- More about Adding Staff
Add Staff to your Organisation
There are two ways to add Staff so they can use PeopleSafe in your organisation. Adding as a new user will be the most common.
Add a new User by creating a PeopleSafe Staff Profile
- Click People in the top menu bar.
- Click the Add new menu on the right of the screen.
- Click Add Staff Member.
- We recommend including as a minimum: first and last name, Mobile phone number, Best contact email address, Emergency contact details and Important Medical Information eg allergies. Best contact email address is for the staff member to receive alerts from PeopleSafe eg Training required, tasks to do, password resets.
Note:The ID# is automatically added by PeopleSafe once the profile is saved.
- We suggest using the best contact email address for the username. If you use an email address, check where the curser is to make sure there are no spaces at the end of the username. Leave the password fields blank.
- Click No next to Email the User a password reset token.
- The Work email field is where task alerts and other notifications to do with the organisation/s the staff member is connected to, will be sent. If you have Coordinator Security Clearance in PeopleSafe this email will be used to send you Story Alerts and Serious Harm notifications. If you don't have a work email address, use a secure email address you know will get through to you, like your personal email address.
- Choose the type of Security Clearance you want to give the User.
- In the TXT Alert Phone Number field add the User's cell phone number.
- Add Jobs only if you already have Jobs set up.
- Click Save to finish. The staff member is now a User in your organisation.
- If you need to edit any of the details after you've clicked Save, use the Options Menu in the top right of the screen.
Note: The Personal and Login information belongs to the User. This is their PeopleSafe ID. They and anyone with PeopleSafe Coordinator security clearance can edit these details.
Add an existing User by Connecting with their PeopleSafe ID#
Some staff may already have a PeopleSafe Staff Profile if they belong/ed to another organisation using PeopleSafe. Once you have their ID #, it's easy to connect their profile to your organisation.
- Click People in the top menu bar.
- Click the Add New menu.
- Click Connect Staff.
- Enter the 9 digit PeopleSafe ID number of the person you want to connect to your organisation.
- Click Lookup.
- Check it's the right person. If they are already connected to your organisation a message will appear on the screen.
- Choose the the type of security clearance you want to give them from the menu.
- Choose one of the access options to their contact details.There are two choices: View Only, which allows you to view their contact details, or View & Edit their contact details. This allows you to reset their password and edit their contact details to keep them up to date.
- Add a Personal Message if you want to.
- Click Connect to add them to your organisation and to get to the end screen.
- A Connect request will be sent to their email address. They will need to accept your Connect request before you can see their contact details and they can access your Organisation.
Provide Username and Password to a User in PDF Hardcopy
- Find the Staff Profile you want to generate the PDF for.
- Go to the Login Details area.
- Click Reset Password and Generate Password PDF, a pop-up will appear asking if you are sure.
- Click Ok.
- The software will then create the PDF which is automatically downloaded to your computer.
- The PDF will normally appear in your Downloaded file and a link to this should display along the bottom left of your screen.
Note: The User will need to reset their password in the Web Application the first time they login. They can then go ahead and login to the Mobile App once they've downloaded it, using their new password. They'll receive an email to their best contact email address whenever their password is reset.
More About Adding Staff
- Staff are the people on your direct payroll list. They are the full-time, part-time or casual employees in your organisation.
- If staff, who already have a Staff Profile can't find their ID number see Related Articles for help.
- Once you click Connect, if the user has a Best Contact Email Address in their Profile, PeopleSafe will automatically send an email asking them to accept the Connect request. While the User will normally get an email we suggest you also tell them you have added them to your Organisation and to expect the Connect request.
- The User must login to PeopleSafe and accept the request before they get access to your Organisation in PeopleSafe and for you to see their contact details.
- If they do not accept the request you will need to talk to them. You will know if they've accepted by the screen that appears when you check their Profile.
- If the connect request is declined you can click the Request Access link in their Profile to send a new Connect request.
- Remember, because the staff member is an existing User, they will already have their Username and Password set up.
- When you add Users, they are only given access to your organisation. If you want a person to have access to all of your organisations, you would need to connect them from within each organisation.
- In the Work Details, the TXT Alert Phone number -TXTs sent to this number will incur a charge after the 10th TXT sent in any one month.