How PeopleSafe Staff Profiles Work
People are at the heart of Safety the PeopleSafe Way, so it’s important to understand how we put people at the centre of our software. It's about getting everyone involved so that means adding them as a User in your Organisation. This gives them access to PeopleSafe and the opportunity to be involved in looking out for each other, identifying and managing risks, and ensuring a healthy and safe work environment.
In this Article
- What can you do as a PeopleSafe User?
- How staff members become Users in your organisation
- What makes up a Staff Profile?
- Who manages Staff Profiles?
- Information needed to add a staff member as a User.
- Add a User to your Organisation
- Add an existing User to your Organisation
- Add a new PeopleSafe User
- Add multiple new Users
- Give a User permission to manage others
- Give staff their Username & Password
- Editing/Updating Staff Profiles
- Remove or Restore a User
- Summary of Staff Profiles
- Supporting PeopleSafe's 5 Good Safety Habits
What can you do as a PeopleSafe User?
Access your Organisation in PeopleSafe using:
- The PeopleSafe Mobile App from their mobile device
- The PeopleSafe Web Application @ my.peoplesafe.co.nz
- PeopleSafe TXT-in via sending a TXT to 4164 from a cellular phone
Access your safety information and processes including:
- Safety Plans
- Emergency plans
- Receive Safety Alerts
- Tell Your Story® Process
- Online Learning
- Update Personal Contact Information
It means your Organisation has
One place to keep track of and share safety information with that User including:
- Essential contact information (including emergency contact details, important medical information)
- Records of Training and Skills achieved (Safety Inductions, Licences, Certificates, Industry training etc)
- Can easily send Safety Alerts and Task Notifications
How staff members become Users in your Organisation
- Staff are added as Users in the People section in your Organisation. This is where you create Staff Profiles or connect them using their PeopleSafe ID # if they are existing Users.
- Once a Staff member is added as a User in your Organisation, we call that record a Staff Profile.
What makes up a Staff Profile?
A Staff Profile is made up of two parts that you see at the same time when viewing a Profile.
Contact Details Include:
- Name (including Nick name if added)
- Mobile Phone Number
- Best Contact Email
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact Details
- Important Medical Information
- PeopleSafe ID Number
- NZQA Number
- Drivers licence details (+ endorsement) and Expiry
When a Staff Profile is created, an ID number is auto-generated and allocated to that person. This number is stored in PeopleSafe and stays with that person. It means that a User can be identified in PeopleSafe independent of what organisation they are working with, and allows them to be in multiple organisations at the same time. If they join another organisation that uses PeopleSafe, for example a sports club, they can be connected to that sports club via their PeopleSafe ID.
Login Details include:
The first time a person is added as a User of PeopleSafe a Username and Password is created for them. They will need to reset and create their own password to start using PeopleSafe.
- Where Work related Emails are sent
- Employee Number
- Start Date
- Relationship (Staff Member or Friend/Contractor)
- Security Clearance (what can they see and do in your Organisation)
- Let this person see & manage people who do these jobs (Manage Users)
- Hours (weekly)
- Work Phone Number
- Work Mobile
- TXT Alert Phone Number
- Jobs they do (which allows Manage Users to see Users with this Job)
- Job Skill Sets (displays skills required of the Jobs they do)
- Training and Skill Records are also displayed for both Online Learning and Offline Training on a Staff profile (but are added under Training)
- Notes and Attachments can be added to the Staff Profile
Who manages Staff Profiles?
PeopleSafe Coordinator clearance
- Add new staff/ Staff Profiles in your Organisation
- Deactivate / Delete, Activate a User Profile
- Update Organisation Details
- Assign Jobs, change Security Clearance and Relationship status for staff User Profiles.
- Upload and delete Attachments
- View History
- View and edit all notes.
Manage Users clearance
- View the Staff Profiles of users they have been given visibility of
- Add a Record of completed Training
- Add Notes or Attachments
- Reset Password if the User has given permission to VIEW & EDIT their Contact Details
Standard Staff clearance
- Update Personal Contact details
- Reset Password
Information needed to add a Staff Member as a User
- First and Last name
- Best Contact Email Address [for Password Reset Emails]
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact Details
- Important Medical Information
- A Username (when adding a new PeopleSafe User)
- Work email address [ All Work related emails are sent here]
- PeopleSafe Username [usually their Best Contact Email Address]
- Security Clearance (most Users will be Standard Staff and can be upgraded later if needed)
Gather the information needed
Add a User to your Organisation
Before you add a new User
- They have worked for you before and are returning
- They are only casual and have been made inactive while they are not working for you
- You might be unaware they previously worked with you
Ask if the Staff member is already a User in PeopleSafe
Add an EXISTING PeopleSafe User to your Organisation
Add a new PeopleSafe User
This article explains how to add a new User
Add multiple new PeopleSafe Users
*NOTE:*Once a User Profile is created it's instantly active.
Give a User permission to Manage other Users
You can change what each User can see and do.
This article explains how to change a Users Security Clearance
- Manage other Users where the *Jobs they do* selected in the users Staff Profile includes one or more of the Jobs they manage.
- Get Notifications about Stories relating to Users with that Job, Training Expiring / needed for Use
- Be tasked with Reviewing Stories
- Have access to the Contact Details of Users with that Job, and be able to update Contact Details on behalf of Users they Manage
- Create Safety Plans
- Add training records
- Book Online Learning
- Add Gear
- Record Gear Checks Completed
- Add Documents
- Add tasks for other Users
Give Staff their Username and Password
To give staff login access to their profile print a PDF. When you view the person's profile you can click on the link that says Reset Password and Generate Password PDF in the Login details area.This will save to your downloads folder or where you choose. You can then print off the PDF and give it to your staff member. The PDF will contain a temporary password. They will need to choose a new password the next time they login.
Editing/ Updating Staff Profiles
Staff Profiles can be updated anytime. This is done from within the profile when it is changed to Edit mode.
Remove (Deactivate) or Restore (Activate) a User
To remove a person’s Staff Profile from your Organisation you must deactivate them. This is done from within their Profile and will move them from the list of active staff members to inactive staff members. We deactivate rather than delete so that any records they were part of are retained.
Activating a Staff Profile is done from within their profile found in the Inactive Staff List. Once they're activated all previous Training & Skill records, notes and attachments in their Staff Profile will be restored.
Some fields in Staff Profiles are available as a reporting criteria in several different reports.
- 'Show people are having a birthday in the next 30 days' report will use 'Date of Birth' field in a user's Profile.
- 'Show all people without an email address' report uses 'Best Contact Email Address' field in a user's Profile.
- 'Show all PeopleSafe Coordinators and Managers' report' will reference a user's Security Clearance to create the report.
- 'Jobs they do' field in a user's Staff Profile is referenced for 'Show all people without jobs' report, One-click story reports, and Custom reports.
Summary of Staff Profiles
- Every PeopleSafe user will have their own Staff Profile and the personal information in the Profile belongs to the user.
- Staff Profiles are stored in the People Tab and can be accessed by clicking on the All Staff box.
- Users can access their own Profile by clicking on their name at the top right of the screen when they login to my.peoplesafe.co.nz. They can edit the contact and emergency details of their own Profile and view any training they have completed.
- A PeopleSafe ID number is automatically created when a new Staff Profile is created for a staff member in PeopleSafe. It is stored in PeopleSafe and stays with that person.
- Users with Coordinator security clearance can edit, work contact information, employment details and security clearance for all users.
- Training and Skill Records are added to a Staff Profile when the user completes Online Learning or when training is recorded for that person over in the Training Tab.
- PeopleSafe uses some of the information in Staff Profiles as reporting categories in one-click reports.
- Staff Profiles have functionality for users to record notes and upload attachments against the individual
- PeopleSafe ID Cards can be generated from within an individual's Staff Profile
- Users can be Activated and Deactivated from within the individual's Staff Profile by a Coordinator.
Supporting PeopleSafe’s Good Safety Habits
Habit 1 - Get Involved and Work Together
- It gives them access to PeopleSafe
- It gives them multiple ways to access your safety information so they can work together with you
Habit 2 - Tell Your Safety Story
- It gives them the ability to use the Mobile App, Web Application or their Mobile Phone to easily make this Habit real. It removes all excuses for not bringing up safety stories.
Habit 3 - Use Safety Plans
- It gives them the ability to view all your safety plans and attachments on their Mobile device
- It allows them to see ALL your risks from a Web Browser
Habit 4 - Check Your Skills and Know Your Limits
- It is where they can go to check what skills are expected via Safety Plans
- It allows them to see a list of all the training and skills they have gained
Habit 5 - Check Your Gear is Safe
- It allows workers to find information about gear in the Safety Plans for the gear they are using